• Established surgical tecniques include-
• Mini puncture grafting
• Blister roof grafting
• Super grafting
Surgical Treatment Surgical treatment option of cultured or non cultured melanocyte keratinocyte transplantation is the best surgical option for stable vitiligo patches.
CULTURED MELANOTCYTE TRANSPLANTATION
• Procedure requires highly sophisticated melanocyte culture laboratory and time gap between biopsy and transfer could range from 4 weeks to 8 weeks.
• Most important advantage is large area can be covered in one go from small biopsy sample.
NON CULTURED MELANOTCYTE TRANSPLANTATION
• Technologically simple to perform
• Requires very less equipment
• Basically it is a day care procedure
• Biopsy and Transfer procedures done on same day with time delay of only 3 hours
• Requires very less equipmentCan be used to treat small lesions upto 100-150 sq. cm at a time
• Stable form of vitiligo.
• No use of immunosuppressive &cytotoxic drugs at least for past 6 months.
• Patients with active disease.
• Pregnant patients
• Keloidal tendencies
• Infection at recipient site
• Evidence of koebner in past.
• Lamellar flow bench
• Co2 incubator
• Petri dish,pippetes,Kollagen,Tegaderm.