- Try to take only epidermis this prevents
- The scaring
- Fast healing of donor area
- Decreases the dissection time
- Preferably graft is taken from hidden areas.(buttocks,thighs)
- One tenth the size of recipient area
STEPS FOR PROCEDURES
HARVESTING SKIN GRAFT
• The epidermal layer is incubated in 0.25% trypsin EDTA, solution, in a petri dish, for 45min-60min
• The dermal surface should be kept above
• This petridish is now placed in a Co2incubator at 370c, 5% Co2, for 50 minutes
• The epidermal sheets are gently manipulated with forceps to dissociate the epidermal cells
• Residues of dermis are discarded
• Patients serum about 0.5-1ml is added to neutralize trypsin
• The cells are washed with DMEM solution, centrifuged for 5 min at 1500rpm
• Supernant solution is discarded and the cellular pallet is mixed with patients serum (1-2ml)
• This is filled in insulin syringes, and is ready for transplant
• Microdermabrasion is done with laser or micromotor
• Can be done under G.A, or LA
• Only the epidermis is removed
• Cells are sprinkled over the site and kollagen dressing is given
• Part is kept immobilized for 6 hrs
• Dressing is opened on fifth day.
• Initially red discolouration will be seen.
• In 3-6 months normal colour appears.
• Excellent cosmetic results are seen in 5-6 months.
• There is no side effect after the procedure.
• Some patients may require more than one sitting for 100% pigmentation