SURGICAL MODALITIES OF TREATMENT
- Established surgical tecniques include
- Mini puncture grafting
- Blister roof grafting
- Super grafting
- Surgical Treatment
Surgical treatment option of cultured or non cultured melanocyte keratinocyte transplantation is the best surgical option for stable vitiligo patches.
CULTURED MELANOTCYTE TRANSPLANTATION
- Procedure requires highly sophisticated melanocyte culture laboratory and time gap between biopsy and transfer could range from 4 weeks to 8 weeks.
- Most important advantage is large area can be covered in one go from small biopsy sample.
NON CULTURED MELANOTCYTE TRANSPLANTATION
- Technologically simple to perform
- Requires very less equipment
- Basically it is a day care procedure
- Biopsy and Transfer procedures done on same day with time delay of only 3 hours
- Requires very less equipmentCan be used to treat small lesions upto 100-150 sq. cm at a time
- Stable form of vitiligo.
- No use of immunosuppressive &cytotoxic drugs at least for past 6 months.
- Patients with active disease.
- Pregnant patients
- Keloidal tendencies
- Infection at recipient site
- Evidence of koebner in past.
- Lamellar flow bench
- Co2 incubator
- Petri dish,pippetes,Kollagen,Tegaderm.