While studies have not found evidence that breast implants, either silicone or saline, are connected with serious disease, there are still risks. There are also long-term implications. Here are some of the breast implant safety issues that you need to consider.
Risks of Breast Implants
- Additional surgeries, with or without removal of the device
- Capsular contractual, scar tissue that forms around the implant and squeezes the implant
- Breast pain
- Changes in nipple and breast sensation
- Rupture with deflation of saline-filled implants
- Rupture with or without symptoms of silicone gel-filled implants